Wage Disputes


Wage Dispute Solicitors

If you’re in dispute with your employer about your salary, we can provide the professional legal advice you need to resolve the issue. It may have come to light that your employer has been paying you too low a wage, or it could be that they have made specific deductions that you don’t agree with. They might even have paid you late and failed to meet the payment dates specified in your contract.

Our specialist team advises clients in different languages on a wide range of Employment Law matters. Call them on 0208 1111 911 or contact them through the website to discuss your circumstances with them.


How can a wage dispute arise?

Any failure to pay you the right amount at the right time, could result in a pay dispute, such as:

  • Not paying your full salary
  • Failing to pay bonuses which you were entitled to
  • Making deductions from your pay which you feel are unfair or unwarranted

It’s important to point out that there may be instances where deductions from your pay are warranted, such as child support payments or industrial action. It can also be lawful for your salary to be reduced, provided that your employer has followed correct procedures for disciplinary or capability.

If for any other reason you’ve not received your full pay – especially if this has happened for a prolonged period – you may be entitled to back pay or compensation from your employer. We strongly advise that you seek specialist legal advice.


What should I do if I don’t agree with the amounts I have been paid?

You should raise it with your employer first and try to resolve the problem amicably. Make sure that you have your contract and pay slips to hand so that you can explain the discrepancies in your pay. You should have a copy of your employment contract, but if not you should be able to request a copy of it.

You will only need  to resort to legal action if your attempts to settle the dispute directly with your employer are unsuccessful. Wage disputes can go as far as an Employment Tribunal, but they are typically resolved before it gets to that stage.


What other legal advice might I need?

If you feel that the dispute over your pay amounts to discrimination, we can also advise you on this or constructive dismissal claim, which can sometime be the outcome of discrimination. If you feel that discrimination played any part in the dispute we recommend that you also raise this immediately with your employer. If the matter can’t be resolved with them you should seek legal advice promptly.


How do I get advice on my wage dispute?

Call us on 0208 1111 911 or contact us through the website and we’ll discuss your circumstances with you. Then we’ll let you know whether or not you have a valid case and explain how we might be able to help you. The initial call is free and we’ll advise you of our fees before you decide to instruct us.

Contact our Solicitors

Get in touch today and let us know how we can help you


Request a Call Back

Please fill in your details bellow and we'll call you back as soon as possible.

    This data will only be used by LITKRAFT SOLICITORS in accordance with our Privacy Policy for processing your query and for no other purpose.

    This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.